Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back At It Again

In just 11 short days, I will be back on a plane to Indonesia, a place I will one day live. This trip will be different, it will be new, and it will be a learning experience, to say the least. Here is a brief update on what's been happening.

At the beginning of my last year at Northwest as an undergrad, I was asked to lead a trip to Indonesia with students from NU. I was so grateful and was also up to the challenge. After gathering the teammates up through a grueling process, I realized that I had the most incredible team and all the hard work, was worth it. We began training immediately. Weekly our team would get together and prepare. We had worship nights, devotionals, fundraisers, camp preps, prayer nights, accountability partners, and assignments that I got to give out...which was fun :)

So long story short, here we are, just days away and I cannot wait for our travels to begin! We will be in Surabaya for 2 and 1/2 weeks. We will be helping lead children's events, worship training, short sermons, skits,  instrument training, distributing toys and clothes at orphanages, and bringing Every5 money with us to feed some pretty awesome kids. 

Please be praying with us and for us this next month. Our team has been preparing spiritually and emotionally for this trip but we know there will be difficulties and we are certain that we will be up against the enemy and his plan to stop our work. 

Also keep following up and checking in! We will be posting from this site regularly while down there as well as uploading pictures and videos!

Thank you for your support, we all appreciate it so much!



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm BeBe and gonna be your teammate for some activities that you guys will do here, in our lovely Indonesia. At the first time KC mentioned, for this year, we will work together with some interns from US, to be honest I was surprised yet excited. But yes, no longer worry now, because I know God send 6 amazing new friends from NU to work together for His Kingdom. I appreciate all the things you guys did before come here. And it's our pleasure can be a part of your great journey to Indonesia for His mission. Selamat datang, in advance!
    PS: keep writing, keep updating!

    ReplyDelete